Sunday 16 October 2011

Obese Buddha says 'Hi'.

Jogging and All Things Fluorescent

Started running on wednesday nights with Jog Scotland, which is run by Joe Forte (local sportshop owner) and I must say, I'm getting really quite into it! Usually quite useless at running by myself- just not motivated enough. It starts out allright but then as soon as I allow myself a break, the distances I run steadily decrease and my inbetween walks lengthen. It's so much easier running with a group, and somehow I find the pace is a lot better for me- going by myself I tend to start out far too fast and only realise my mistake by the time I'm a mile or so from home.

'Cos we're running sort of from 6.45 to 7.45pm, it's already dark by the time it finishes and so in the interest of remaining roughly the same shape (retaining all limbs etc.), I've been encouraged to invest in a running jacket.

I would never normally condone any general purpose fluorescent clothing, but for this I might make an exception.

Me vs. Nature

It was terrifying- when I tried to leave my room this morning I found I had the mother of all spiders sat down on the floor, right in front of the doorway. I don't think my window opens very far, so short of breaking the glass there was no escape. In any case it may have been an emergency but I really didn't want anyone calling the police, just yet.
Fortunately for once my mobile actually had some credit on it, so when at last I remembered it I was able to call for help. I then lay on the bed and quivered whilst the cavalry arrived and all danger forcibly removed. Honestly, I don't know how I'll manage living by myself.


Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, SPY!

Like many of the other things on here, I'm making myself write about this incredibly late. On the friday a week after my birthday, Bethie, Louise, Rosie and I headed up into Edinburgh and were fortunate enough to catch a viewing of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy -which I've been wanting to see for a while.
I thought the film was absolutely brilliant. It's probably a good thing that I went to see that first before watching the series (a birthday present from Louise =D ) as apparently it's been quite condensed, but still I think it must now be one of my favourite films to-date. I don't find myself welling up at films except for on the incredibly rare occasion, during the final scene though I probably came really quite close.

And I spent the next entire week listening for hours to the song they played in that last sequence.


I had actually just moved onto a 'Beach Boys' fixation, but now listening to this again, I think it might survive at least another week. ;)

P.S. Meet Obese Buddha


He says 'Hi'.

No comments:

Post a Comment